To keep it fresh and crunchy, make your own bread crumbs from hearty white sandwich bread.
You could also make this chicken breasts recipe can also be pan-fried instead of baked by simply cooking the chicken in oil on the stovetop over medium to medium-high heat. This method also produced moist chicken with a crunchy brown crust.
Moist and Crunchy Baked Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup breadcrumbs fresh
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 cloves garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. table salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 4 large chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- ¼ cup fresh basil minced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 large Lemon cut into wedges
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper to taste in bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and transfer to 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Combine basil and mayonnaise in small bowl and spread mixture evenly over chicken. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over mayonnaise, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Bake until crumbs are golden brown and instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken registers 160 degrees, 18 to 22 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.