Edwardians were crazy about jellied desserts. Our tastes have evolved but there is still a place for eye catching desserts, like this easy dessert which looks like a work of art. This sea glass jello is great for summer outdoor picnics and parties and can even be served as a hand held treat. With a few adjustments you can make this low fat and reduce the amount of sugar.
Low Fat Sea Glass Jello
- 4 boxes Jello-O sugar free
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk low fat
- 2 envelopes unflavoured gelatin
- For each flavour, dissolve one box of jello in one cup of boiling water. Pour into a flat container (I use square Ziploc containers) and chill 4 hours until firm or overnight.
- After chilling your colored flavours, run a knife through them and cut them into small blocks.
- Carefully mix the blocks in a 9 x 13 glass pan, or large flat plastic container.
- In another bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes unflavoured gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water. After the gelatin blooms, add 1 1/2 cup boiling water and dissolve. Add the can of condensed milk. Stir and cool.
- Pour cooled milk mixture over jello and chill overnight
- Slice into large or small blocks and serve.