This is one of my go to appetizers and tea tray savouries because you can prepare in advance and store in the fridge. Slice just before you are ready to serve to your guests.
Smoked Salmon Pinwheels
- 1 cup cream cheese, whipped lower fat version will make this low fat
- 1 tbsp. vodka optional
- 1/4 large red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 8 oz. thin slices of cold smoked salmon make your own recipe below
- 4 large flour tortillas keto: use gluten free tortillas or make your own
- 1 sprig fresh dill or chive
- Combine cream cheese, vodka, red onion, dill and lemon juice.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture on each tortilla then top with a layer of smoked salmon.
- Tightly roll up the tortillas and trim the ends (for the cook to taste).
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until you are ready to serve. The cream cheese seals the end.
- Slice into 8 pieces (or thicker if you like) and garnish with dill sprigs or chives.