Lord D introduced me to this dish from Michael’s Back Door, one of his favorite Italian restaurants, and now mine. The dish originally calls for cream, but you can substitute nonfat plain yoghurt.
Heavenly Angel Hair Pasta with Lobster
- two 1 1/4 lb lobsters, cooked, cleaned and diced into cubes (save claws for garnish)
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 3 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh basil julienned
- 3 sprig parsley finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 whole tomato, cut into cubes
- 1 splash white wine
- 2 cups tomato sauce home made, or quality prepared
- 1 cup heavy cream lower fat by using plain yoghurt
- 1 lb. fresh angel hair pasta, cooked al dente (2 minutes)
- Sauté shallots, garlic, basil, parsley, and lobster meat in butter on medium-high heat. Deglaze your pan with the white wine.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add yoghurt and reduce the sauce by half, which will take 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, simmer for two minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Fold in cooked angel hair pasta and garnish with lobster claws.