The Royals Love Pêche Melba
- 6 large peaches
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 medium vanilla bean
- 3 pints raspberries
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 fresh mint,
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream (or frozen yoghurt)
- Combine in a pot the wine, water, sugar, and vanilla bean and bring to a slow simmer.
- Cut peaches in half and mark an X on the bottom of each peach.
- Add peaches to simmering liquid and poach for 2-3 minutes until soft, the time will depend on the ripeness of the peach.
- Remove from the liquid with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Prepare the raspberry sauce. In a blender puree 2 pints of raspberries, 1 Tablespoon sugar, lemon juice and ½ cup of the poaching liquid, sieve to remove the seeds.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream in a bowl add one peach ½ and drizzle with raspberry sauce and garnish with raspberries and fresh mint.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!