There are some dishes that everyone should learn now to make properly. Scrambled eggs is one of them. Once you learn to make them like a professional chef, you will truly impress everyone with your cooking talents. Hint, save your milk. Properly made scrambled eggs are a simple mixture of eggs with a little butter, prepared in a saucepan, not a skillet.
The Creamiest Scrambled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter cubed
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Crack the eggs and stir with a wooden paddle quick regularly to ensure the eggs don't stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Pull off the heat if the egg mixture gets to hot. Continue stir until the eggs start to curdle and resemble soft scrambled eggs.
- Season and add optional cheese, herbs to your taste.
- Fresh Herbs: add 1 tbsp. each of herbs such as parsley, chives, chervil, tarragon.
- Cheese: add 2 tbsp. each of grated gruyère and parmesan cheese to the eggs just after you first add the eggs to the saucepan and they have been beaten slightly.
- Mushrooms: add 3 tbsp. cooked mushrooms at the end of the cooking.
- For special occasions: place the finished eggs in individual dariole moulds (small metal cups) layering with other ingredients, such as cooked chopped mushrooms, shrimps, asparagus tips.