This is a standard on my Christmas dessert tray. My family begs for it every year and I have to make extra for them to take home. So easy to prepare since all you are doing is melting and refrigerating. It is very rich so when you cut it into 1-inch squares it goes a very long way.
Like a little black dress you can dress it up any time of year, just change the topping to match the holiday or occasion.
The Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 Double boiler
- 1 9" Square baking dish silicon preferred
- paper truffle cups
- 16 ounces dark chocolate melting wafers* or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces condensed milk I use unsweetened
- 16 ounces white chocolate melting wafers* or white chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter smooth or crunchy, depending on your preference
- Prepare a square pan by greasing slightly and lining with wax paper. When fudge has set this makes it easier to remove it from the pan by simply lifting out the wax paper. Alternatively use a silicon square pan.
- Melt together the dark chocolate and condensed milk together. You can microwave but I use the stove. Chocolate burns easily so use a double-boiler, or place a metal bowl on top of a pot of water heating on the stove. Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate until set (an hour or so).
- Melt the white chocolate and peanut butter together on the stove in the same manner as the dark chocolate. Pour on top of the bottom layer.
- Before you let the top layer set, decorate for the occasion. You can melt a little melted red chocolate and drizzle or pipe little hearts if you are a whiz at decoration. You can also use red sprinkles, dragees, jimmies, or tiny little hearts. They will sink in a bit into the surface but will hold on tight when it sets. It will add an additional bit of texture to your treat. Refrigerate until set.
- Carefully remove the fudge from the pan. The fudge is very rich, so cut into 1 inch squares and present in little foil or paper cups used to serve truffles or chocolates. This recipe goes along way and will provide lots of gifts for family and friends.