One Pan Chicken Breasts With Tomatoes
This is a great and easy summer dish when your garden is overflowing with tomatoes
- Large Heavy skillet
- 2 large chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup onions finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 tsp. fresh basil finely chopped
- 8 ripe tomatoes chopped into small chunks
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup capers
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves chopped
- Slice each chicken breast horizonally in two.
- Season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil and butter in a heavy-bottom skillet. Add the chicken breasts and saute over medium-high heat, turning the pieces often until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic around the chicken. Cook briefly; add the basil tomatoes, vinegar, capers, wine and tomato paste.
- Blend well, bring to a boil, and then cover and simmer for 9 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve over rice or on its own.
Serving: 50gCalories: 375kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 28gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 540mgPotassium: 1172mgFiber: 4gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 3120IUVitamin C: 45mgCalcium: 59mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!