This is a great recipe for gardeners who have a large bounty of zucchini. Works well as a toast spread, crudité dip, side dish, and additive to other savoury dishes. It has ato mild flavour which you can kick up a notch to make it your own.
Versatile Zucchini Spread
This is a versatile dish for using up zucchini. Works well as a toast spread, crudité dip, side dish, and additive to other savoury dishes.
- 8 cups zucchini shredded
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated (optional)
- Squeeze the excess water out of the shredded zucchini.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a deep frying pan on medium. Add the chopped shallot and garlic and lightly sauté,
- Add the zucchini and cook for 20 minutes or so, stirring until the zucchini has caramelized and the mixture looks like a thick jam. If you are adding the parmesan do so at the end and let it melt before taking off the stove.
- Remove from the heat and cool. Spoon into your small glass canning jars and store in the refrigerator. You can also can for storage and giving away as holiday gifts.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!