Ketogenic diets have existed since the 1900s, first used as a medical treatment. It is now a popular lifestyle choice for those who wish to eat a low carb diet.
With a few adjustments, you can also enjoy the great combination of rhubarb and strawberries in these yummy moist muffins.
Crumbly Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 can coconut milk make your own recipe below
- 1/2 cup almond milk enough to moisten the batter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 5 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Stevia or othe sugar free sweeteners
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1.5 cups rhubarb chopped
- 3/4 cup strawberries chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Melt butter and coconut oil together. Whisk the eggs together in a separate bowl, Add the all other ingredients into the mixing bowl with eggs and mix until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Use an ice cream scoop to portion into prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until they are golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
Make your Own Coconut Milk
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch of salt
- Place the coconut, water, and salt into blender or food processor and blend for a minute.
- Strain through a jelly or nut bag to remove the remaining pulp. I keep the pulp refrigerated in a sealed jar to use in my baking.
- Store the milk in a sealed jar in the fridge.